June - July
This voyage provides the opportunity to get a taste of everything the Arctic has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular scenery. You’ll be treated to daily presentations by your Expedition Team onboard the ship, and daily wildlife sightings on land. Hike, explore and enjoy the beauty of the Arctic on your visit to Spitsbergen.
Encounter iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears and walrus.
Take advantage of continuous daylight.
Hike the tundra and polar desert.
Cruise in a Zodiac to explore glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more.
Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic optional kayaking
Our ships will be your home away from home during your expedition. The passionate Expedition Team and crew aboard this ship can’t wait to show you around and take you to places most people only dream about. Every day presents a new adventure. An early wake-up call may signal the sighting of nearby whales, while an afternoon Zodiac cruise may present you with the intense blues of passing icebergs.
ABOUT THE WORLD EXPLORER
Distinct and comfortable, re ned and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge, the Explorer Lounge, the library, and a dedicated lecture theatre. Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers.
ABOUT THE OCEAN NOVA
A different perspective awaits you as you board theOcean Nova. The smallest and most nimble ship in Quark Expeditions®’ eet, she is best known for her informal atmosphere and homelike comfort. An ice- strengthened hull makes it Arctic-ready, while a clean Scandinavian style permeates the interior. All cabins have exterior views, private facilities and ample storage, with dedicated twin and triple cabins.
A spacious, glassed-in observation lounge lets you connect to the magni cent Arctic landscape, and enjoy presentations and brie ngs by on-board specialists and your Expedition Leader. An open-bridge policy puts you in the driver’s seat.
ABOUT THE OCEAN ADVENTURER The Ocean Adventurer is a comfortable vessel with spacious cabins, which all have private bathroom facilities and exterior views. Designed to carry travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world, Ocean Adventurer was built in 1976, and underwent extensive upgrades in 2017. This multi-million dollar investment included renovations to the interior of the ship, significant technical upgrades, and the addition of a new cabin category, the Owner’s Suites. The refurbishment gave the ship new bathrooms in every cabin, and upgrades to the Lounge, Dining Room, gym, and suites. Technical enhancements – including two new engines, generators, gear boxes, drive systems, and re-bladed propellers – resulted in increased fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
Mandatory transfer package 895 USD
Payment Terms & Conditions
To guarantee your reservation we require an initial deposit. * Initial deposit NON-REFUNDABLE.
*MANDATORY TRANSFER PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel night at Oslo airport hotel
- Charter ight from Oslo to Longyearbyen
- Arrival and departure transfers in Longyearbyen
- Charter ight from Longyearbyen to OsloPACKAGE PRICE: $895 USD
Zodiacs are the workhorses of polar expeditions, safely transporting guests to remote shorelines and shallow inlets— places the ships can’t reach. Expedition sta make stepping in and out of them- safe and comfortable.
Led by experienced sta , exploring in foot is the best way to appreciate the polar landscapes. Our guides are able to accommodate a range of skill levels to suit every passenger.
Daily chats with on-board experts— our guides, scientists and other special guests—let guests rub shoulders with historians, ornithologists, biologists, geologists and more.
This rite of passage, experienced just once per expedition, sees you safely jumping into icy ocean waters under the watchful eye of our sta —and just about every single camera lens on board!
Documenting your voyage so you can take the memories home is a rewarding experience. Our photography guides will help you learn skills to capture the beauty of the Polar Regions.
OTHER EQUIPMENT ON BOARD
Walking poles are provided at each landing for your convenience. As there are limited number of poles available, please bring your own if you require them on every landing.
Contact your Polar Travel Adviser or your Travel Professional for more information about your Included and Paid Activities, including the necessary experience, physical requirements and cost.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experi- enced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by ourExpedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore• O cial Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
• Co ee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
• Complimentary reusable water bottle
• Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
• Comprehensive onboard materials, including a mapand an informative Arctic Reader
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port chargesthroughout the program
• All luggage handling aboard the ship
• Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximumbene t of US$500,000 per person
• Transfers between Longyearbyen town center andport on embarkation and disembarkation day
RATES SPECIFICALLY DO NOT INCLUDE:
• Mandatory Transfer Package*
• International airfare
• Arrival and departure transfers in Oslo
• Passport and visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes not
• Meals ashore unless otherwise speci ed
• Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical
travel insurance—strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international ights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising,
or any other gear not mentioned
• Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal
charges unless speci ed
• Phone and Internet charges
• Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for
shipboard sta and crew
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Any Adventure Options
Arrive in Oslo, Norway.
Embarkation in Longyearbyen
Disembark in Longyearbyen and flight to Oslo